Here you can find a list of all releases and release notes starting from Turris OS 4.0. Those releases are made from combination of turris-build repository and various repositories with additional packages like turris-os-packages. In our repositories, all releases are tagged and you can read specific git commit hashes the release is built from.
Turris OS 5.3⚓︎
- Sentinel improvements (the ability to control and see state of intrusion detection tools)
- Foris and reForis start on demand
Turris OS 5.2⚓︎
- reForis (configuration web interface) additions
- Overview tab
- Storage plugin with option for persistent system logs
- Factory reset from web interface
- Support for Honeypot as a Service (haas.nic.cz)
- Add option to change hostname in reForis
- Fix DHCP range configuration check
- A few design improvements
- WebApps: New graphical design with optional dark mode
- Sentinel: Introduce replacement for firewall logs collector
- Turris MOX: Update firmware for SDIO card
- Add RIPE Atlas SW probe and common passwords as package lists
- Automatic installation of drivers for limited amount of LTE and DVB devices
Turris OS 5.1⚓︎
This release contains new configuration frontend named reForis and several tabs in Foris were deprecated in favor of reForis. In reForis you can find more detailed package selection as well as basic integration of Turris Sentinel.
- Introduced new data collection system Sentinel
- reForis (future default web interface)
- Now installed by default
- Added NetMetr, OpenVPN client, and remote devices plugins
- Package lists
- Expanded with labels and additional options
- Added option to select alternative WiFi drivers
- Nextcloud updated to version 18
Turris OS 5.0⚓︎
One important feature from Turris OS 3.x is still missing – possibility to configure honeypots and various aspects of security data collection from web ui. This is going to be added to the minor versions of Turris OS 5.x.
- Added support for secondary IP addresses for DNS servers
- Added possibility to add custom DNS forwarder
- Added support for DVB tuners – Astrometa DVB-T2 and Xbox One
- Redesigned Foris, which is being in development (opt-in)
- Optional WPA3 support
Turris OS 4⚓︎
Turris OS 4 is based on OpenWrt 18.06. It poses a huge milestone in terms of Turris OS development as it was used to test the feasibility of developing on top of moving upstream release with just our feed and few patches. Everything had to be rebuilt from scratch so it was a huge task to move away from our forked distribution and we took the opportunity to get rid of some of the skeletons in our closets.
First final release was 4.0 after long series of alphas betas and after long development and testing. Initially supported devices were only Turris MOX and Turris Omnia. It was missing some of the features that were in 3.X series, but on the other hand it contained some features never included in 3.X series.
- samba4 not back-ported
- cloud backups
- ability to configure various honeypots and security data collection from web UI