Turris 1.X is a powerful router that was part of Turris security research programme. It was based on Freescale P2020 CPU. It was dual core PPC CPU running at 1.2 GHz. It was shipped wit two gigs of RAM in SO-DIMM slot. As a storage it used 256 MB NAND memory.
Difference between 1.0 and 1.1⚓︎
There are few small differences between version 1.0 and 1.1. The most obvious one is that case is a little different. But there are functional differences as well. 1.0 used 7.5 V power supply while 1.1 used 12 V. Also 1.1 had on top of 1.0 USB 3 port directly accessible and contained SIM slot, so you could use LTE modem inside.
Both Turris 1.0 and 1.1 has three physical Ethernet ports. One of them (eth2) is dedicated as WAN and connected directly to WAN port. The remaining two ports are connected to a fully manageable switch as shown on the picture bellow.
Various documentation files⚓︎
- Printed manual (Czech)
- Description of connectors and DIP switches for Turris 1.0
- Block diagram for Turris 1.0
- Complete HW documentation for Turris 1.0
- Complete HW documentation for Turris 1.1
- STM32F0 Power Control firmware
- Lattice CPLD firmware
- Description of CPLD registers